Note: Due to IRS requirements, some documents are in English, but the course is taught in Spanish.
Trusts have specific rules that every accountant, business owner, or lawyer should know. For example, trusts are legal entities that have gained significant importance recently due to the risks in the business world and the litigious culture. This entity is no longer just used to ensure an inheritance in the event of the owner’s death or incapacity, but trusts are now taking on an economic aspect as asset protection and tax planning tools.
Considering all these factors, we have designed this seminar to provide you with all the necessary tools that will enable you to guide your client correctly and comprehensively regarding trusts and their compliance with the Department of Treasury and the IRS.
The course is structured across six distinct lessons:
Lesson 1 – Fideicomisos – Aspectos Legales
Lesson 2 – Fideicomisos Regulares – Aspectos Contributivos
Lesson 3 – Grantor Trust – Aspectos Contributivos
Lesson 4 – Otras Implicaciones Contributivas en Puerto Rico y Obligaciones ante el IRS – Reglas Generales
Lesson 5 – Obligaciones ante el IRS – Foreign Grantor Trust Lesson 6 – Obligaciones ante el IRS – Fideicomiso Regular
After completing this seminar, you will be familiar with:
- The legal requirements of trusts.
- The different tax categories for trusts.
- The tax treatment of income and expenses.
- Tax obligations of trusts before the IRS.
- Discussion of tax forms (in general).
- To obtain accreditation for this course, you must complete the exam with a score greater than 70%. You have unlimited opportunities to take the exam. This requirement only applies to IRS accredited courses (other than AFTR).
- Departamento de Hacienda
- Créditos: 4
- Materia: Contribuciones
- Método de enseñanza: On-Demand Webinar
- 2 CE credits
- Delivery Method: Self-Study
- Luca Center follows the protocols established by the IRS to grant credits.
- Program Number: ZVMPH-T-00007-23-S
- Program Category: Federal Tax Law Topics / Federal Tax Related Matters
- Organization’s name: Luca, LLC
- Approved Audience: Enrolled Agents | Other Tax Return Preparers
- CE Provider’s number: ZVMPH
- For more detailed information about the AFSP-Record of completion, please visit our website https://www.lucacenter.com/irs/
- Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the examination, Luca Center will automatically notify the IRS of your course approval.
- NASBA: N/A
- TSPR: N/A
- Publication date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Duration: 4 hours
- Place of Presentation: Luca Center website [www.lucacenter.com]
- Format: PDF Material | Video and Audio
- Audience: Tax Specialist, Accountant, CPA, Auditor, Lawyer, Paralegal, Advisor, Entrepreneur, Student
- Level: Intermediate
- Preparation Required: None
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Instructor: Lcda. Úrsula Carrión, CPA / Lcdo. Edil Sánchez, CPA
- Price: Gold Members (Free) | Bronze and Silver Members $60 (+tax) | Non-members $60 (+tax
- LAST UPDATE: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- COURSE STRUCTURE AND EXPIRATION: This course has been structured to facilitate participant completion through a combination of reading materials, videos, and the subsequent completion of an examination. Once you buy the course, you have until its expiration date to access it (December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.).
- VALIDATION CODES: Each video in the course has a code that you should take note of and later include in the code questionnaire. The Introduction and Conclusion videos do not have a code.
- QUIZZES: This course has 8 quizzes, and they do not count towards the final grade. Quizzes are a method for reviewing the material.
- EXAM: The exam is open book and covers all lessons. Participants can have unlimited attempts to pass, and there is no time limit.
- PASSING SCORE: The exam consists of 10 multiple-choice questions with no evaluative feedback. A passing score is 70% or higher.
- COMPLETION: The complete course, including the exam and evaluation, must be completed before December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m., to qualify for the AFSP Record of Completion from the IRS. Remember that you have until that date to complete it. Otherwise, you will lose access to the course, and it will not be accredited by the IRS.
- CERTIFICATE: At the end of the course, you must request your certificate of participation by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, you must write the name of the On-Demand Webinar and your full name as you want it to appear on the certificate.
- ACCREDITATION: This course is NOT accredited by NASBA, or by the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico.
- The educational materials can be downloaded from the “Welcome” lesson within the course.
- To clarify any doubts you may have, you will have the opportunity to access the course forum located within the “Welcome” lesson.
- You can access this course from the website, Luca’s APP, or the web mobile version.
- For technical assistance with the seminar platform, you can call us (787-236-9609) or write to us (email@example.com) from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- For more information regarding refund, complaint, and program cancellation policies, please visit our website or contact our offices at 787-236-9609